Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) New Orleans can remove three Confederate monuments that are displayed in prominent locations, a US federal court ruled on Monday. What do you think about this ruling to remove the historic monuments from their display to the public?
2)Four Republican senators wrote a letter to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell saying they were concerned an early draft of today’s proposed healthcare plan would not adequately protect people who have insurance through Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion. And Sen. Rand Paul was among three conservative Republicans who criticized an earlier version of the bill as “Obamacare lite.”
1) Gary Mason, Vice President of the Monuments Task Force joins the show to talk about the recent court ruling regarding the monuments in New Orleans.
2) Mike Weinberger of HDFNola joins the program to discuss the latest news regarding the organization, and other topics.
3) Ringside All-Star and publisher of BayouBuzz.com, Steve Sabulodowsky joins the program to discuss the Trump controversy, and more.
5) Phillip K Howard, author and attorney, joins the show in the final segment to talk about his article on the Daily Beast, as well as several issues related to the economy under Trump. For more info, please visit http://simplifygov.org.