Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) Sally Yates, who was appointed by Barack Obama, ordered justice department lawyers not to enforce the president’s executive order.
A White House statement accused Ms Yates of “betraying” the justice department and being “weak on borders”.
2)The Trump administration reportedly will allow 872 refugees into the U.S. despite an executive order signed Friday temporarily suspending the entry of refugees from predominantly Muslim nations into the country, according to a Homeland Security document.
3)President Donald Trump mocked Congressional Democrats Tuesday morning over an equipment failure at their Monday night rally, writing on Twitter that the event was “a mess.” “Nancy Pelosi and Fake Tears Chuck Schumer held a rally at the steps of The Supreme Court and mic did not work (a mess)-just like Dem party!” Trump wrote Tuesday morning.
1) Mike Weinberger of the Home Defense Foundation joins the show in the second hour to talk about today’s hot topics, as well as local political topics.
2) Megan Barth, Creator of Reaganbaby.com, joins the program in the third hour to talk about current events.
3) David Bottner, Executive Director at The New Orleans Mission, joins the show briefly in the final segment to update us on an upcoming event.
4) Pat Forbes, Executive Director of the state Office of Community Development joins the program in the final segment to discuss issues related to infrastructure and coastal development in Louisiana. For more info, please visit: http://restore.la.gov/