Ringside Politics Feb 20
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere.
Today’s hot topics included:
1) The Crescent City Connection toll vote has been confirmed. Hopefully the issue will be given a hearing in court, and we will have a new vote.
2) Former Mayor Ray Nagin’s arraignment is today. He will appear before a magistrate, which seems like he will plead not guilty. What’s your take?
3) Vice President Joe Biden has appeared in a Facebook Town Hall interview, telling people to defend themselves with a shotgun instead of an assault weapon.
4) President Obama has said that budget cuts must be avoided, and that the sequestration will cut funding to national security and other vital departments, even though the cuts are miniscule, about two percent of the overall budget.
Today’s guests included:
1) Investigative Reporter at WDSU, Travers Mackel
2) Ringside All-Star, attorney, activist, commentator, and host of In the Mitch Zone on WGSO on Tuesdays at 7:00 PM, Mitch Gibbs
3) Co-Author of Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope Is Here, Chris Putnam