Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere.
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) The Legislative session opens on Monday as hot button issues such as Common Core, legalization of marijuana, and bringing back the electric chair for executions will be debated. Gov. Bobby Jindal is set to appear and then he will probably take off again to run for president.
2) At a White House concert celebrating “Women of Soul”, President Obama misspelled “respect” as “R-S-P-E-C-T” when talking about legendary singer Aretha Franklin. How embarrassing!
3) A Malaysia Airlines Boeing aircraft went missing over the weekend as investigators have increased their efforts to find it. Could it be due to a mechanical failure or is this an act of terrorism?
4) As the Legislative session begins, State Rep. Thomas Carmody of Shreveport has introduced a bill to declare “The Bible” as the official book of Louisiana. What are your thoughts?
1) Chad Rogers, Ringside All-Star, publisher of thedeadpelican.com.
2) Terri Timmcke, activist and concerned citizen, Terri is part of a coalition to stop Common Core in Louisiana, www.louisianacore.org.
Podcast: Play in new window