Kaare talked about the opening weekend to Jazz Fest plus how the weather is going to turn for the first weekend? The 2014 Zurich Classic kicks off tomorrow as Kaare discussed this year’s event. Kaare also discussed the NOPD and why the force could go below 1,000 officers. It is all that and more on this edition of The Netural Ground with Kaare Johnson.
Scott was joined by WDSU Sports Director Fletcher Mackel to talk about this weekend’s Zurich Classic, Saints and the NFL Draft. In the second hour, Donnie Tyndall joined to talk about being named Tennessee’s new men’s basketball coach after leaving Southern Miss. Amin Elhassan of ESPN.com talked to Scott on the NBA Playoffs and the Pelicans. Hunt Palmer, Bayou Bengals Insider Senior Writer, joined the show to discuss Jordan Mickey’s decision to return to LSU Basketball for his sophomore season plus LSU and Tulane baseball. It is all that and more on this edition of The Scott Alexander Show.
Eric is Live at Katies
talked about Legalization of Marijuana
Guest: State Senator JP Morrell, talked about bill to reduce
possession of Marijuana to a misdemeanor.
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere.
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) US troops have arrived in Poland to begin excercises across Eastern Europe as violence continues to break out in the Ukraine. The move was done to reassure allies across Russian borders. Should the United States escalate a conflict with Russia?
2) The Supreme Court upheld a Michigan ban of affirmative action regarding college admissions with a vote of 6-2 on Tuesday. This was the right decision by the Supreme Court for once.
3) The world celebrated the 44th annual Earth Day yesterday. This is a good time to remember 44 years of the crazy predictions by the environmental wackos.
4) At a conference in Arizona, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush advocated amnesty for the 12 to 13 million illegal immigrants who are in our country. He also wants to increase the number of visas for immigrants with certain high tech skills. This just shows that Bush is not the right choice for the GOP in 2016.
1) Mitch Gibbs, Ringside All-Star, local attorney, activist, commentator. Host of “In The Mitch Zone” every Tuesday on WGSO at 8 pm.
2) Edwin Marger, The Law Offices of Edwin Marger, L.L.C., www.edmarger.com. Edwin talked about the Supreme Court upholding the ban on affirmative action in Michigan.
3) Gene Mills, President of Louisiana Family Forum. Gene talked about their event coming up “Over The Edge For Adoption” which helps place 300 foster care children with loving Louisiana families. Visit
4) John Kiernan, Analyst for Wallet Hub, www.wallethub.com. He revealed the results of a national study which showed that Louisiana taxpayers received the third worst return on investment from local and state government. This is not a surprise as it shows we are paying taxes but getting very little value in return.
Your host Ralph Leopold. Ameriprise Financial
Guest: Lisa Ross, a lead organizer of the fundraiser, and Amanda Clark, to buy and preserve a swath of green space at the Metairie Cenacle Retreat House.
Call for more information or to donate 504-250-4844
Mail donation to 4224 HOUMA BLVD SUITE #430 METAIRIE, LA 70006