Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere.
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) President Obama is turning his attention to the economy calling for a increase to the minimum wage. Obama is backing a bill that would increase the wage from $7.25 to $10 dollars an hour and said the growing income gap has become a”defining challenge of our time.” What about cities like Detriot that are bankrupt because of liberal policies?
2) According to the Washington Post, the NSA is tracking up to 5 billion cell phone locations a day and storing the infomation in databases. What are your thoughts?
3) President Obama said yesterday that the US will not go back on Obamacare and return to the old health care law. Anything has to be better than what we have now that includes a terrible rollout.
4) A new Harvard poll shows that Obama may be losing support among young adults. The poll states that 52 percent of voters in the 18 to 24 age group would recall the president if it were an option. The young vote was a important part of Obama’s election to the White House and his campaign. Now, they are jumping off the bandwagon.
5) MSNBC host Martin Bashir has resigned and will leave the network. Bashir faced heat for his comments about Sarah Palin saying someone should “defecate in her mouth.” Good riddance, Mr. Bashir.
1) Nick Varrechio, Ringside All-Star, local attorney, activist, commentator.
2) Sarah Janssen, Senior Editor of The World Almanac and Book of Facts. Sarah talked about the 2014 version. www.worldalmanac.com